Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething Biscuits

Question Teething Biscuits

My DS is on his 4th tooth. The first two didn't give him any problems coming in, just wanted to chew on everything. That was ok with me. Now his first top tooth is in and the second is on its way. But he is having so much pain from them. I give him ice cubes to suck on (in those mesh bags that are meant for food) and he loves it. But it doesn't seem to help the tooth come through (he doesn't bite it, just sucks). I was looking at the teething biscuits but they said 9+ months. I am guessing cause that is the average age of babies getting top teeth. Is he to young to use them now? He is 5 1/2 months old. He loves rice cereal and all the veggies. (gets each once a day) I rub the gum everyday trying to get the tooth to break through, but it is taking forever (he is in so much pain sometimes and is waking at night so much). Anything else to help? TIA!!!

Default Re: Teething Biscuits

If you're not worried about food allergies to any of the ingredients, I think you're safe with teething biscuits. I started giving them to my DD around 5 months or so, when she started having teething pains. I bought the kind that are all-natural, etc. They were called Healthy Times, I think. I got them at whole foods. I liked them best because they're the hardest I found. Gerber brand were too soft and she could just eat them like a cookie.

Healthy Times has wheat and dairy free biscuits.

Sometimes it takes forever for the teeth to pop through, there isn't a whole heck of a lot you can do to get them to do it either! My firstborns two top teeth were HELL! They were HUGE and I watched them creep down his gums. He got blood blisters, and finally about 2 months after I thought they were going to bust through they finally did!

Teething is frustrating! Have you tried tylenol or teething tabs? Ambesol?

Sarah

Thanks girls. I think that was the kind I was looking at. I am gonna buy some next time I go to the store. I tried the teething gel but he just sucks it off his gums before it does anything. The first top one was real wuick but this one is taking forever! Hopefully soon...