Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AVENT Isis Manual Pump...

Default The AVENT Isis Manual Pump...

What are your thoughts on it....Good...Bad...? My grandmother has offered to purchase a pump for me but she doesn't have a lot of extra cash right now. I found an Avent Isis On-the-Go set for $60 on the Babies "R" Us website. Would really like some feedback before I tell her thats the one she should get!

Thank you!

Default Re: The AVENT Isis Manual Pump...

I had heard so many good things about this pump, so I decided to go buy it to use for the occasional pump sessions. But I HATED it, it just did not get much milk out at all. I had a medela hand pump that worked much better. But, each person is different. Do you plan to use it on a daily basis or for the occasional bottle of milk?

If you're going back to work (I think in your other thread, you stated you were?) then I would get an electric pump. It took me about 15 min to pump both breasts at the same time.

But if you were just going to occasionally pump, then maybe I'd get it..
    Celeste
    Mommy to:
    Kalynn 8/12/02
    Ronin and Ryker 10/9/2006

Just occational at first until I can afford to get a good eletric one! We don't have a lot of money and will have less when Kelsey gets here so my grandmother offered to buy it for me since I've decided to try breastfeeding. They don't really have a lot of money to spend on one either but they have more then I do at the moment. The price is perfect and it seems to be the pump everyone is talking about. I was just curious whether anyone actually liked it or not.

If I can't breastfeed for one reason or another I'd still like to pump and give her as much breast milk as possible!

Isis is a good pump, and a lot of moms do like it.

If you're going back to work, have you considered checking with your insurance company to see if they cover a full size double electric pump? Are you on WIC? If so, let your counselor know that you're planning to breastfeed (and return to work) and you're interested in borrowing a pump.

I used the Avent Isis Manual for 6 months until I bought an electric one. I liked it a lot. Only problem was the pain in my wrist. I had originally bought a single electric Avent, but the manual one worked better than the electric on me. I now have a PISA and love it. HTH

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

I used this pump for occasional pumping. My LO wouldn't have anything to do with a bottle, so I didn't really use it much until we were doing cereal - then I'd pump a couple of times a week to have BM for cereal. I really liked it and it worked really well for me, but I think the PP has a point -- it would get really tiring to use if you used it more than about once a day, I think.
    But, like I said, for occasional pumping, I think it's great!
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

I LOVE THIS PUMP!!! I nursed my first child for a year, and worked for 10 months of that year - pumping 3 times a day at work with this pump. It worked great. I got both sides pumped in under 20 minutes and it was easy to clean. I love the carrying case, etc. I'm home with my 2nd child so it's not getting used as much, but it still works great. I have a Medela manual pump that the hospital gave me but I don't think it's as comfortable and easy to use.

I LOVE this pump!!! I managed to get atleast 5-7 oz each side when I used it and I was NEVER successful at pumping with my two older children. I am VERY impressed with it!!!
    Last edited by RooS MummY; August 12th, 2007 at 07:53 PM.

I love this pump too! I have the one you are taking about with the carrying case. I was able to pump a bottle in less than 10 minutes, every time. Loved it! My dd was breastfed but it was nice for times when I needed to leave a couple ounces at home for dh, in case I wasn't back in time. My dd would not drink from the avent bottles though. I had to pour it into a Gerber Nuk.