Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: spitting up/throwing up!

Default spitting up/throwing up!

my 11 week old baby spits up after each eating but she spits up a lot!!! like 3 oz is it normal??

Default Re: spitting up/throwing up!

hows her weight gain been?
    does it shoot across the room?
    http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/reflux.html

Sounds like to me your baby has reflux. Start feeding only about 3 min and then burp, switch sides and do the same. Continue feeding her this way till she is satisfied, but do not over feed her. She will grow out of it within a few months or so.
    I had two babies with reflux and you don't need drugs to fix it, just smaller amounts of food at a time to help keep it down.

My dd started doing this at around 4 weeks but she was also screaming during her feedings. She has reflux and I've noticed a huge difference since we started her on Zantac. She no longer screams when I feed her and she now spits up like a normal baby, no more projectile vomiting and she doesn't spit up after every feeding. You may want to talk to your doctor to find out if she has reflux.

My 3 week old son also screamed and spat up after feedings and we noticed a WORLD of difference after he went on Zantac. Its such a tiny dose so I don't worry about him being on this medicine, just a little liquid three times per day and we have a normal baby again!
    I'm proud to be first woman in my family to breastfeed!
    cloth diapering convert!
    Loving the homemade baby food!

Well I Went To Doc And He Told Me It Was Normal... She Spits Up A Lot... She Gets Me All Wet With Her Vomit! She Spents 5min In A Breast Then I Burp And She Goes 5 More On The Other. My Oldest Had This Prob But She Was On Formula And I Always Tought It Was Formula! I Am Just Tired Of The Vomit And Every Time We Go Out I End Up With Spit Uo All Over Me!

Elliott did this up until very recently. He's 4 1/2 months. He spits up quite a bit less now.