Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: finally got things going!

Smile finally got things going!

Like so many of you, breastfeeding my lo has been a real challenge. He is 3months now and complexly off formula at night. He loves breastfeeding, so he refuses the night bottle and has adjusted his sleep pattern so that he breastfeeds at 3am. He is now 100% breastfed!

I had many problems--a breast surgery, separation from lo for 5 hours at night (he got formula because my pumping was not producing enough), a nursing strike, having to take DPD and herbs to get my supply going, dealing with OALD...you get the picture!

I just wanted to encourage those of you who are facing challenges breastfeeding. My advice is to just keep trying different things to get that breast milk into your lo. It is a learning process--for baby as well as mom. I know it gets soooo frustrating and I wanted to quit several times, but I just kept my commitment to breastfeed my lo. I also dealt with my DH getting concerned that it wasn't working & that we should just give formula. I felt that I started this thing and I am going to finish it!!! My goal is 1 year...(and I'm open to EBF, too)

Keep trying!! All the frustration and tears will eventually turn to pride and joy when your lo breastfeeds with minimal problems. It took us 3 months of sleepless nights, tears, frustrations, a screaming baby, etc. etc. etc.

You can do it!!! Like so many of you, breastfeeding my lo has been a real challenge. He is 3months now and complexly off formula at night. He loves breastfeeding, so he refuses the night bottle and has adjusted his sleep pattern so that he breastfeeds at 3am. He is now 100% breastfed!

I had many problems--a breast surgery, separation from lo for 5 hours at night (he got formula because my pumping was not producing enough), a nursing strike, having to take DPD and herbs to get my supply going, dealing with OALD...you get the picture!

I just wanted to encourage those of you who are facing challenges breastfeeding. My advice is to just keep trying different things to get that breast milk into your lo. It is a learning process--for baby as well as mom. I know it gets soooo frustrating and I wanted to quit several times, but I just kept my commitment to breastfeed my lo. I also dealt with my DH getting concerned that it wasn't working & that we should just give formula. I felt that I started this thing and I am going to finish it!!! My goal is 1 year...(and I'm open to EBF, too)

Keep trying!! All the frustration and tears will eventually turn to pride and joy when your lo breastfeeds with minimal problems. It took us 3 months of sleepless nights, tears, frustrations, a screaming baby, etc. etc. etc.

You can do it!!!

Default Re: finally got things going!

Thank you for your support and encouragement! It really hit the spot for me this morning after 2 days of non stop worrying!

Default Re: finally got things going!

Well done and thanks for sharing.
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu