Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP ME PLEASE!! I can't Feed DS for 48 hours

Exclamation HELP ME PLEASE!! I can't Feed DS for 48 hours

I went for a CT Scan today as I have bee have Migrains that are effecting my vision.. After they informed me that I can't BF for 48 hours.
    I have to pump my son eats every 2 hours he is 6 months old.. I don't have enough back supplied so I am supplementing every other feeding with formula (I hate doing this but I have to.)

How often should I pump so I don't loose my milk supply. Please Help Me.. IO am so scared that he isn't going to want me once he gets used to the formula... (he hates it now)

Default Re: HELP ME PLEASE!! I can't Feed DS for 48 hours

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Can you explain why you can't nurse right now? I would highly suggest you call a LLL leader close to you. Even if you don't have one in your area, just find anyone and call to see if this is really true. They are volunteers you can call anytime, day or night for help. Often doctors will tell patients this when it really isn't true, they just aren't educated enough about bfing.

If you really can't nurse, you should be pumping as often as your child is eating. This should keep your supply up so you can nurse again when the time comes. Best of luck!

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

Quote Originally Posted by fergie830 View Post
    I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Can you explain why you can't nurse right now? I would highly suggest you call a LLL leader close to you. Even if you don't have one in your area, just find anyone and call to see if this is really true. They are volunteers you can call anytime, day or night for help. Often doctors will tell patients this when it really isn't true, they just aren't educated enough about bfing.

If you really can't nurse, you should be pumping as often as your child is eating. This should keep your supply up so you can nurse again when the time comes. Best of luck!
    Good advice!! Pump often!! and get a second opinion on the no bfing.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I guess the Iodine that they put in to my viens is Bad for Seth and it take 48 hour for it to clear the system

Yes Iodine is one that can be VERY serious, please call a leader to refrence a Hale book

He hates the formula and won't eat it.... What should I do??

Do you have a stash of frozen BM at all? He might just protest eating altogether, because he wants to nurse. Don't over-stress (I know easier said than done), try to have dh feed him as much as possible, and know that he will eat when he's hungry.