Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I think i have gastro

Default I think i have gastro

Tonight I am feeling extremely nausetic (spelling??) and have been twice to the bathroom. I really hope it is not gastric flu? In that case can i still breastfeed my lo? I hope that i dont have the urge to go to the lo while i am nursing KWIM?
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Default Re: I think i have gastro

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy! Yes you can still nurse. Gastro bugs are normally highly contagious, so just make sure you wash your hands ALL THE TIME. Maybe you could sit on a towel when you nurse, just in case? You can always quickly de-latch your LO and run if you get the urge, KWIM...but I wouldn't deprive your LO of your milk as it has antibodies in it that may prevent him from contracting the virus (if that is what it is).

The towel thing is a good idea. What i worried mostly was that i may have a drop in my milk supply. I will take some lemon tea and dozz off to sleep. Lo is asleep so i better grap the opportunity! Thanks
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Quote Originally Posted by Momofpreciousson View Post
    The towel thing is a good idea. What i worried mostly was that i may have a drop in my milk supply. I will take some lemon tea and dozz off to sleep. Lo is asleep so i better grap the opportunity! Thanks
    Keep your fluids up and you should be fine. Just monitor his diaper output (4-6 wets a day) and keep nursing! Gastro viruses are horrible, but usually short lived. You should be feeling better by tomorrow.