Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does juice get such a bad rap?

Default Re: Why does juice get such a bad rap?

http://www.v8juice.com/fusion.aspx?ProductID=120209

the web site is sort of cool
    you cann't look up whats in each juice ...

We don't give juice yet b/c of the reasons posted previously (i.e. fiber content of whole fruits, sugar in constant contact with teeth) and because we don't really drink juice in our house. We're water drinkers and I'd rather Kesiah quench her thirst with water than with something else. I also don't have much of a problem getting her to eat a wide variety of fruits and some vegetables, so she's getting plenty of the vits.

I'm not against juice; I had it growing up (and we NEVER had soda...dad was a health nut) and all my popsicles were made from it I remember the first time I had a "real" popsicle...WW!! I just am going to wait until she's older to make it available.

By the way, if you're looking for a good juice, try NAKED juices. There's one called Green Machine that tastes great and has all kinds of added powdered stuff like powdered broccoli, kale, etc. It also isn't very filtered, so there's some fiber in it.
    Last edited by @llli*evin; August 6th, 2007 at 03:04 PM.

NAKED juices they have them at our local store and boy are they $$$$$....
    And the one flavor they had out to try my six year old just about spit on the floor. lol....
    I don't remember now what kind it was.

Jennifer we love juice here too! I know it is not the best alternative but I think as long as we don't overdo it, it is fine. I always dilute it and offer water throughout the day too. But I personally don't see a problem with giving it in moderation. So I'm on your side! I like the V8 fusion. She loves fruits but I have a hard time getting vegetables in her plus she is allergic to some random ones. Audrey also loves Vitamin Water. Low in sugar content and nothing artificial. She gulps it down. HTH!

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Has anyone tried Juicy Juice HARVEST SURPRISE juice?
    It has veggies in it to.
    My dd loves it she doesn't get much juice but this and the V8 juice is better than the Gerber ones I see out there.

My dd is only 7 mos old and she just doesn't seem to like anything sweet. (We haven't tried to give her juice, but so far with solids she loves her veggies and rice and oatmeal and about freaks out if we give her fruit.)

But Juicy Juice Harvest surprise is SOOOOOOO good! I love it. Love it love it love it.

abby

I give my little girl fruit juice mixed with water (30% juice). She prefers straight water though. She doesn't get it every single day and when she is given it it's at food times.

Once when she was in hospital the nurses asked if it was ok to give her some juice (she was dehydrated) and I said yes 50/50 juice/water. They gave her cordial. Another time when she was even younger we were at a baby shower and one of the older ladies gave her 150ml of 100% reconstituted orange juice her pee was so acidic after that it burnt her skin off and then got infected with bacteria and then fungi . Poor girl it was the only time she's had nappy rash.

If you're sensible, which it sounds you are, then juice probably isn't going to harm your child.

I give him about 1 cup of 100% juice a day. I'm with you Jen. Don't see a big harm. He drinks water or organic whole milk the rest of the time.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by MomOf1MuffinPie View Post

But Juicy Juice Harvest surprise is SOOOOOOO good! I
    Juicy Juice is a Nestle product unfortunately.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Besides being a Nestle product.......The Juicy Juice Harvest Surprise only contains 1/4 of a serving of vegetables per 8 oz. The V8 Fusion contains a full serving in 8 oz.

Thanks for all your replies! I don't feel like such a horrible mom now

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001