Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thanks everyone - we made it!

Default Thanks everyone - we made it!

I just wanted to post a huge thanks to everyone on this board. We made it to a year!! From nipple yeast, to bad latch, to fast let down, to lost milk supply, this board helped my through it all!!

My son is only eating about 3 times a day right now. Is it okay if I just start feeding him in the morning only? The morning feeding is his best feeding and I figure that would be better than nothing. I am starting back in school in August and morning would work out best. Will just a morning feeding still help protect his immune system?

Thanks!

Default Re: Thanks everyone - we made it!

Congratulations! Any breastmilk is better than none, so one feeding will still give him some immunities etc. I would only cut out one feeding at a time, though. You could also try keeping a morning and evening feeding, if that works out.
    Most moms find that their supply adjusts to demand.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on