Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Monday Mornings

Default Monday Mornings

My 6/5 mo dd takes 3 bottles of EBM while she is at daycare. Each bottle is 4 ounce. She feeds on demand all evening and all weekend.
    Does anyone have any idea about why my supply on a Monday would be low? Maybe she isnt eating as much milk when she nurses as she takes from a bottle?
    I just don't know. I'm already several ounces short for tomorrow and I'm going to be up late pumping tonight to make up for it.

Or should I just have the sitter give her more solids?

Anyone else have monday issues?

Default Re: Monday Mornings

My supply has always dipped on Mondays and Tuesdays-- by Thuirsday I'm back where I need to be. I think I pump more than ds nurses. I pump 3x day M-F but on weekends, he does NOT nurse that often. Too busy playing, equates nursing with trying to put him to sleep, etc. On Mondays, I pump a little longer to make up for it. Also found eating oatmeal during the weekend helps. I have been known to dilute emb with water to make up the difference or to just send more food/drink to daycare.

How does he like the water mixed with breastmilk? Does he even notice the difference?

I think you are right about being too busy playing. Ever since she learned to crawl I need to offer to feed her, rather than her just wanting to eat. There is too much to do around here, eating just takes up time.

I have this happen too, everything you read tells you the opposite unfortunately. With daycare you have to pump so much extra to cover the waste, make certain size bottles, and so on as you know.

I have some troubles with oversupply so if I go to nutso with the pump I end up with way too much milk. I agree with the pp, by Thursday my output is back to 'normal'. I just spent a lovely 10 days with my DS on a family vacation, my first day back at work today was shocking as I barely pumped 10 oz. total! I have a 12 month old and typically pump between 12 - 15 oz. each day over 2 sessions.

I think what your seeing is totally normal.

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.

I have the same problem. My dd is 8 months old and I pump 3 times a day for her monday-friday. I can only get about 5-6 ounces from those three sessions total, but on Mondays I am lucky to get three ounces. I feed her on demand all weekend, but she eats less often with me than at daycare. We are busy and she just does not eat as much. On Mondays I often have to send two bottles with formula and BM instead of just one. I have learned to accept this issue.

What do you all do to make up for the difference? I have been pumping from one side while feeding her on the other after her first long stretch at night, but I'm worried that isn't a long term solution because I don't want to increase my NIGHT supply.