Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help Asap...PAIN PAIN

Default Re: Need Help Asap...PAIN PAIN

Is there any evidence of a lump or hard spot? Even deep inside? If so, my guess would be clog (the nurse at my dr. was calling them glands when they are further back in the breast, but they lead to the duct, which is at the nipple so it's all connected...personally, I call the whole thing a duct and I think many people do, the nurse was telling me technically it is a "gland" further from the nip, but whatever, it still hurts!!).

There is a little spot, but I thought it was a skin tag... but that's were it hurts.... so now what!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Ok so now the pain is back...and i don't know what to do...

feels like someone is sticking a needle in my nipple

[QUOTE=babygurl;269549feels like someone is sticking a needle in my nipple[/QUOTE]

What you describe sounds exactly like what I feel when I have a nipple blister/bleb, which always comes with a clogged duct for me. Do you see any blister-like areas on your nipple? They can be really hard to see- for me, the blisters are flat, almost flush with the rest of the nipple surface. For me, they look like slightly paler areas on the nipple. I usually have to burst my blisters using a sterile needle, but a lot of people have success using moist heat (like a damp washcloth) or soaking in a warm bath before nursing. The water softens the blister surface and makes it more likely to burst.

I hope that your pain resolves soon!

Oh dear, was it gone all this time and then just came back? Is it in the same spot? My best guess would be a clog or milk bleb/blister like the PP said, although mine never had a "burning" type pain.

ok will it burst in lo mouth? Thats nasty....I don't see anything, but I will try the warm water

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    ok will it burst in lo mouth? Thats nasty....I don't see anything, but I will try the warm water
    It may burst in your baby's mouth, as the sucking action can break the thickened skin. But don't worry about it being nasty- the blister (if that's what you have) is not filled with pus or anything gross. Sometimes there is a bit of dried/thickened milk behind it, but that's all!