Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: poop question

Default poop question

sorry about the topic

basically in the last few weeks he's really gotten into his solids so as a consequence his poops are a lot firmer, more of a sticky paste. so when he poops he doesn't cry when doing them but as soon as he's finished he crys i think it's cos it's now a different feeling in his nappy and he can now feel the poop where as before it soaked in, just want to know what you guys think.

thanks!

Default Re: poop question

Sounds like you have the right idea. There came a point with Wyatt when his poop changed and he hated sitting around in it! Can't say that I blame him. But he would cry and fuss, just his way of letting us know that he wasn't happy! If he is going normally and it doesn't seem to bother him when he goes then just be ready to change him as soon as he does go!

This happened to Henry too when he started solids. Sticky and firmer is OK, as long as it isn't hard to pass and the poop itself isn't hard. If he cries after, then it's probably the feeling of the poop in the diaper. If you the solids are stopping up your baby too much, you can also pull back a little and do more nursing. That's what we did when Henry got constipated in the early weeks of solids.

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

thanks ladies! i'm still waiting for him to go again to see if i'm right, not looking forward to that seen as they are now quite stinky...