Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby refusing solids - help please

Default Re: Baby refusing solids - help please

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    What happens if you leave a couple cheerios on her tray?
    They get pushed to the floor or down in her seat. She doesn't grasp the concept of feeding herself. The last two days she has eaten a little banana. Today was not a good day in that regard. She will eat some of the 'gerber puffs.' But, there again, it's a hit & miss situation. Thank you for your suggestion.

My son is 9 months old and has completely refused solids. He won't take a bottle either.

I have tried everything I can think of - letting him feed himself, etc. baby food, homemade food, cheerios, puffs, cut up foods, everything, and he still is not interested.

Does anyone have anything else I can try? I am supposed to go back to work in 5 weeks, and I can't leave him at daycare if he doesn't eat, and I WON'T leave him alone with a sitter if he's crying and miserable because he's hungry.

Any help?

I seem to have had a possible break-through on the solid food adventure. It seems that she won't eat solids from me!! Probably the whole I nurse her bit. She ate a lot of sweet potatoes last night for my mom, unless she saw me, then she spit it out! She ate carrots today! (she's had sweet potatoes before so I knew that there would not be a reaction)

For the bottle thing, I would try different nipples. ALWAYS stick with the slow flow, but try the yellow latex nipples or the clear silicone ones. My ds was difficult to switch to bottles and he prefers the yellow, while my dd will take anything. You can also experiment with the temperature of the milk. Good luck!