Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela Pump In Style Owners

Default Medela Pump In Style Owners

I was trying to figure out why when I pump I wasn't getting a lot of milk. I usually pump from one side at a time. I put the tube in one hole and cover the other hole with that yellow thing. But I noticed today that the yellow thing has a hole in it. Is it supposed to have a hole? When I cover the hole with my finger I get so much more milk.

Default Re: Medela Pump In Style Owners

Mine has a hole, too... Don't know why. Mayve try to cover it with a little electrical tape? Or call the company... They're really helpful.
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

Mine too, and it SUCKS (or rather doesn't) for single pumping. I keep meaning to call them about that because I think its suposed to be that way, but its a crappy design. They should do a fix to it.

i'm just curious, is there a reason you don't double pump? i used to single pump but now that i double pump, it is going much better. i use a type of hands free bra that enables me to double pump easily.

To tell you the truth, I don't know why but I think I should try it to get better suction.

I just checked mine and it does not have a hole on the cover. I almost always double pump though. I get more milk in less time that way.

Called Medela. Its suposed to be there, but if it gets pushed down too hard (Duh, thought you needed to push it down hard to get it to work right), the hole can get expanded too large. They were going to send me another one, but I don't have my pump here so I couldn't help them with what model it is.

Just a vote for double pumping, it really does yield so much more milk!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I have to put a vote in for double pumping - try it hands free it is great to be able to use your hands

Mama to DD Mariah 04/03 2lbs 8oz BF 2yrs 1 day!
    DS Ryan 07/06 4lbs 15 oz No solids until 18 mo's!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi