Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supply Is Suffering

Default Supply Is Suffering

I have been sick with broncitis for 2 weeks now, until I went to the Dr. yesterday I was taking Tylenol cold medicine. My supply was fine. Since I have been sick I stopped taking the fenugreek, I am still nursing her on demand (every 2 hours) but my supply is starting to decrease on me. Kayleigh isn't having as many wet diapers. Could the meds I am on be affecting my supply? I am on Atuss which is a cough supressant, helps stop my nose running so much and sneezing and helps break up the congestion, it has hydrocodone in it and I am on an antibiotic as well. Since I am on these 2 medications I don't want to take the fenugreek for fear of a bad reaction. What can I do in the mean time to keep my supply up? She still gets up to nurse about 3-4 times at night now.

Default Re: Supply Is Suffering

i took stuff for a really bad cold and i still used the fenugreek as far as hydrocodone i was taking that as needed for my pain and i didnt get no reactions but everyone is different...are u drinking enough fluids?

If you can't take the fenugreek, ask you MD about a prescription for Reglan. I just got it from my midwife and it is supposed to work the same way and because it is prescription then the pharmacy will be able to tell you if there is any potential for reaction. Just an idea.

Oh yeah, I am drinking lots. I am severely allergic to reglan. I will try taking the fenugreek with the meds I am on.