Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bad Gas

Default Bad Gas

Abigail is 3 weeks old and the last couple of days has gotten bad gas. I think she is having a growth spurt and gulps down the breast milk. Does anyone have any ideas to stop the gas?

Default Re: Bad Gas

My lo is the same age and does the same thing. I was going to try Mylicon drops.
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Quote Originally Posted by Abigails Mom View Post
    Abigail is 3 weeks old and the last couple of days has gotten bad gas. I think she is having a growth spurt and gulps down the breast milk. Does anyone have any ideas to stop the gas?
    we use mylicon drops first used at the 3 week growwth spurt and again at 6 weeks
    they work great - shortly after u give them dd will be a fart queen and feel better by the time she wakes up fron next nap!!!

Are you able to get good burps after you feed her? Overactive letdown can sometimes be a cause. You might want to check this out. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html

Here's some info about gassy babies. http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/gassybaby.html

It could also be something in your diet. I had to quit eating Ice cream, cheese, milk, (well, dairy in general) and mexican food, indian food, broccoli and coffee/anything with caffine. That made my LO feel MUCH better.

Also, try nursing (if you dont' already) from just one side per session. The foremilk can cause more upset than the hind milk. That helped us as well.

Good Luck!