It’s official—my son and I have made it to a year today!
Here are some of the high points:
* After the initial trouble with jaundice, formula supplementation, and nipple confusion, we sorted it out in week 2 with the help of a lactation consultant and have been going strong since.
* I nurse around a lot of 20-something women-friends who have never seen it before. And I hope that it increases the likelihood that they bf their own children.
* I’ve found that women who have used formula bristle at the "but bf is healthier for mom and baby…" and respond that "their children turned out fine"); but no one faults my "formula is expensive and I hate dishes"
For the future:
* This one-year old is huge! What positions can I use besides a side-lie?
* He is so squirmy! He clearly wants to nurse, but he’ll do it in a head-stand (or up-side-down) if he can. Stay still!
* We’re starting daycare soon, so our nursing relationship is likely to change (I’ve posted on this topic recently and appreciate the feedback.)
I’m really, really grateful for LLL and the boards. Thank you all.