Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby poo

Default baby poo

My LO is 5 weeks and she is EBF. I have started to notice a smell to her wet and dirty diapers, I thought that BF babies did not have smelly diapers. Everything looks good, colorwise and the amount of dirty/wet diapers is good also. I just noticed the smell this week, is it normal?

Default Re: baby poo

I think it is normal. Is it a strong, overpowering smell, or just a slight odor?
    If you were to smell a formula fed babies poo, you would think your babies poo didnt smell.
    I always noticed a little odor to my sons poop when he was smaller.
    As he gets older, his poo gets smellier and smellier just wait until they start solids...thats a whole 'nother ball game!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Default Re: baby poo

It may just be something you ate. I've exclusively BF'd my 4 month old and noticed over the time that some days her pee and/or poo smells a little stronger than others. But then it goes back to almost scentless on other days (the pee, that is - the poo is always sort of sweet smelly). I think a little variation is probably normal, but call your pediatrician if your "mommy intuition" is tweaking you. Always trust your instincts. Good luck!