Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breasts softening, Please help!!

Default Breasts softening, Please help!!

I am breastfeeding my second child who is one week old. I also nursed my first child for 20 months with no problems. I remember my breasts softening at around 3-4 months with the first child. My problem is that my breasts are already softening with the second child at one week of age. With the first child, my breasts stayed full in between feedings for the first 3-4 months at least. We went to the pediatrician today and my baby has gained 2 ounces in four days. I continue to feel let down and he is wetting and pooping. I just need some reassurance. I am stressing out!!!!

Default Re: Breasts softening, Please help!!

NOthing to worry over. AS long as he's gaining, and having enough wet diapers, there's nothing to worry about.

Since you have bf in the past, your body knows this drill already. It makes sense that your body would adjust faster this time around, doesn't it?

I agree that you should not worry. It feels different every time. Weight gain and diapers are the best indicators.

Not first-hand experience, but a good friend of mine is nursing #2. I'm only on #1 and got a lot of advice from her. When I complained about leaking and engorgement well into my 4th month, she reassured me that that went away much quicker with her 2nd one. She said it was only a few weeks before that all went away with her second, where it lasted 3 months with her first. Sounds normal to me!

Thanks guys. I feel better already!