Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what are your favorite bottles to use?

Default what are your favorite bottles to use?

to those of you who pump, what are your favorite bottles to use for your little one? and why? i am still experimenting with different bottles, and the choices are overwhelming. almost all seem to claim to let in little air, for less colic, etc., etc...

Default Re: what are your favorite bottles to use?

I plan on using platex w/the liners....Why? convience, just throw away liner when done, plus a wide variety of nipples
    Last edited by @llli*babygurl; August 2nd, 2007 at 12:28 PM.
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

We also used, and plan to use in the future, playtex naturallatch nipples and liners. The nipple is shaped so that it is supposed to be a smooth transition for baby from breast to bottle and back. It is wide so it fills the baby's mouth like a breast does.
    There is also a concern about certain plastics leaching chemicals into the milk. For this reason, the worst plastics to use for baby bottles are hard, clear plastics. Most all baby bottles are composed of this type. Safer alternatives include plastic bags/liners like the playtex ones, "cloudy" or translucent-looking plastic, or glass. So, to me that is another good reason to choose playtex. Avent also offers a liner-type bottle system now.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

I like the medela bottles because they are a more supple plastic and they have the best seals around- leaking obttles make me so mad! I don't pump all day just to see it leak out the bottles into the bottom of the bag or all over the fridge.
    As for niples we use the orthodontic ones and always the stage 1 or 2, even though he is 13 months. That way he has to work for it, just like when nursing, and the bottle lasts a longer amount of time which simulates nursing also (bc it takes him a good 10 minutes to fall asleep, and a faster flow would let him finish the bottle way earlier and then have trouble falling asleep without sucking anything...)

Avent bottles are nice too. There liner brand is called tempo
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

We switched to the Born Free glass bottles. LOVE THEM!!! They have a wide neck and are designed to eliminate all bubbles. And it works! Absolutly amazing! We switched to glass from the Avent bottles to avoid the chemicals in the plastic bottles. I find them easier to take care of. They cost a little more but are worth the money.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

We use Playtex with the liners - they were the second kind we tried, and both parents and LO are happy. The first one I tried was Avent, and when I warmed the milk in the bottle it leaked...I am sure I didn't put it together properly, but I didn't want to take that chance again.

I like the variety of nipples with the Playtex also - and so so so easy to clean.
    Kat

SAHM mom to Richard, born 6/6/07 at 8 pounds, now 27!

Wife to Michael for 13 years

Born Free and Playtex Drop Ins incase we don't have any of those washed because neither have BPA. Almost all other hard plastic bottles have BPA
    Momma to K 05/24/07 (due 05/31/07)
    Momma to I, 06/04/10 VBAC'd (due 05/31/10). Read about it here

Exclusive Pumper to first for 18 months.
    I got my VBAC!

Struggling with nursing but one way or another breast milk is all they get.