Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help.....

Default Help.....

I was so excited to start pumping this week, because i got alot of storage to build before i return to work....But OMG i pump and pump and all i get is a wee bit..barely an oz out of each side...and on top of that it seems my lil man is having trouble getting what he needs at each feeding, i really need help!
    On my last OB visit he started me on the mini pill, so now im thinking that maybe that has something to do with my supply, i started it sunday, and started pumping monday...I am trying to stay positive and hopeful, and i dont wanna give up on giving my baby the best i have to offer, but im worried about him getting hungery as well..Ive decided that tonight will be my last mini pill till i see where this pumping thing goes. Do I need to start supplementing my baby with formula?
    Im a new mom, like i had to mention that... and i need all the help i can get!

Default Re: Help.....

I know it takes time for your breast to get use to a breast pump. What I did before I went to work to get a supply going.. is I would pump after my baby was done feeding. It took a while.. .sometimes all day to get enough for a 4 oz bottle. But now.. I can get anyway from 1 oz to 6 oz from pumping depending if I pump after LO eats or when I'm at work. I personally think your LO would let you know if he/she isn't getting enough to eat. I am also on BC that not's the quote on quote combo pill but enough not to get me pregnant again but didn't seem to have any problems.

Try to relax when you pump and not to think so hard about it. Might be a mental block. I get that way some time.

I think we assume that when we pump it willbe equally to what the baby gets, i know I did.... Tracy gave good advice!!!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I'm the same way as far as the hormones go....I got pregnant while bfing my son and my milk supply tanked from the progesterone. I got a nonhormonal iud put in after my ds was born. I know you need to think about birth contral but the pill might be what is doing it. hth

Man i just firgured out how to find the posts that i made....I asked questions and thought that it never got posted! LOL thanks for the advice, im still at it, without the pill, and im trying to relax!

are things getting any beter?