Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: mimic a growth spurt...posted in increase forum too

Default mimic a growth spurt...posted in increase forum too

I am an EPer and I just got my supply back up and lo has had a growth spurt. pumping more often has been a goal, but i have a 4 year old to take care of too so it's been rough. i just got back up to 4-5 times a day from 2-3. is that my only way to make it happen? mimic a growth spurt by pumping every hour? I've been pumping since day 1, and have never gotten more than 1 ounce an hour. LO is taking 3 1/2 - 4 oz every 3 hours. I have been taking More Milk Two, eating lots of oatmeal and the "boobie boosting cookies" as i like to call them. Is it more of the same or do i need to do more?

Default Re: mimic a growth spurt...posted in increase forum too

bump...

anyone?

Default Re: mimic a growth spurt...posted in increase forum too

Pump as often as you can. Even if you only have five minutes to spare, it's better than nothing. More frequent pumping for less time is more effective at increasing production than less frequent pumping for more time. So, start with the pumping sessions you're doing now, then try to add in some extra stimulation. If you don't want to set up your pump for a quick session, try hand expression! And keep your pump set up! Get at least one extra kit so one is always clean and ready to go.

Another thing you could try is power pumping. This is where you pump for 10 rest for 10 pump for 10 for one hour (total of 30 minutes pumping). You could try that once or twice a day in addition to your regular pumping sessions.

HTH!