Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No Milk!

Default No Milk!

I am pumping using the Medela Swing. My first time after about 15 minutes I got 1/2 oz and the second time 1 oz. Now I am not getting anything! My milk lets down but after the initial let down, nothing. I am pumping to increase milk supply and provide supplementing. I only pump after he has eaten his fill. I am very concerned about milk supply as my LO (15 days) is 5oz below his birthweight. The dr. said if he isn't up to his birhtweight next week she is going to recommend supplementing with formula!

Default Re: No Milk!

WoW megan, sorry to hear that... stay encouraged!!! Don't have any advice just wanted to encourage you!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Have you tried anything to boost your supply?? Mabee some fenugreek or domperidone??? Also how often does your LO eat??? Hang in there!!!

i had my post partum follow up appt today. My doctor recommended Blessed Thistle Fenugreek and wrote an RX for Reglan to boost my supply. He eats every 2-3 hours.
    Another question: Im going to my first la leche meeting tomorrow, can they help me setup a nursing, pumping and bottle feeding schedule?