Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nursing to no avail

Default Re: Nursing to no avail

Glad to hear things are going better. It's great that you have a family member you can talk to who's had success with breastfeeding. FYI, I have never felt a letdown, and my baby is almost 7 months old and nursing fine! Some people just don't. So don't worry even if you never feel it.

I would be careful shortening the nursing sessions to much I think some baby's NEED to nurse for longer both of mine have always taken forever to eat when they were newborns but it gets better. I know it feels like the only things your getting done is nursing but in a way I think that is nature telling you to take it easy and rest after going through childbirth. My 2nd son is now 6 months and never takes long to nurse so it does get better. He has been fast for a while now and most babies do speed up unless perhaps they are going through a growth spurt. Those marathon nursing sessions work to help bring in your milk.

Your baby could also be going through first growth spurt

Babies generally are getting enough milk if they are producing 5-6 really heavy nappies.

The length of time taken to feed for a newborn decreases as they get older, and can reduce to a couple of minutes once they hit 3 months as they become more efficient at feeding.

Hang in there for now...
    Last edited by LLL_Jolie; August 12th, 2007 at 10:26 PM. Reason: remove link