Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I REALLY miss peanut butter

Default Re: I REALLY miss peanut butter

I totally understand what you are going through. I am a hobby baker (it is a passion) an my DS is sensitive to milk and eggs and I have to avoid peanuts as well. It is a little easier for me because he has eczema and when I eat something he cant tolerate it stares me in the face (on his face) Just remind yourself, it is not permament you will eventually not be nursing anymore and can eat whatever you want. And (heres a bonus) It helped me lose weight! I am below my pre-preggo weight and still losing
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Not trying to freak anyone out here...just thought I'd share my PB tales. I, too, WAS PB junkie throughout pregnancy and nursing (until 17 mo.). 2 yearold DS had PB at 2 years plus few weeks. No reaction first 2 times...3rd time he had mild reaction. With advice from ped. we are assuming peanut allergy. We have no family history of anything like this. Now, of course, we not saying it's 100% b/c of my PB consumption, but I'm not eating it with our #2 L.O. now. Who knows? I figure I'll be fine w/o it and if there's a chance it's connected.....

peanuts have been documented to pass through breastmilk to the baby. So the thought is that it is safer to avoid them while pregnant and breastfeeding. Even with no family history these allergies just seem to appear out of no where and it is sooo common today to have a child with food allergies...Almost everything is made on, or can contain traces of ect...If you can my recamdation, not LLL's, is to avoid peanuts while pregnant and breastfeeding...

I've stopped eating PB for caloric reasons and I REALLLLLY miss it! It is like my go to food - I just think eating 1 or 2 PBJ sandwiches a day isn't gonna help me out weight wise I WAYYYY miss it though so I feel your pain. Even worse for you though b/c you don't have much of a choice to stay away from it - I made a conscious (and silly) choice to. Good luck!