Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Red Bull and sleeping???

Default Red Bull and sleeping???

Ladies, I had 5-10 sips of my husband's red bull and now is 2 am and me and the lo are up. He usually sleeps very well during the night. He goes to bed usually at 9 pm and sleeps until 8 am., waking up just once to eat (refuel ). I had a little bit of red bull not even thinking that it would have any effect. He went to bed at 9 as usual, woke up 3 times since then, which surprised me and now he is up. He ate but he does not want to fall asleep. My god, what are we going to do if he does not want to sleep the whole night???
    Has this happen to any of you?

Default Re: Red Bull and sleeping???

Not happened to me, but yikes!

I don't know for certain, but it seems logical that energy drinks would not be recommended for lactating mothers if for no other reason than potential wakefulness in babies.

Probably a moot point, but my best suggestion is to not share your dh's Red Bull again.

And I do hope your night gets better. Catch some Zs!

I just fed him again and he is just staring at me. I will never, never drink red bull again. I just did not know that such a small amount would have such a reaction. Amazing!
    I do not think there will be any sleeping tonight unfortunately.

He fell asleep . I am hoping it is a long one. Thank you and hopefully I will talk to you in the morning. Good night

Hi again. He slept for 3 hours. Do not ever drink energy drinks if you are breastfeeding. I made huge mistake and I feel miserable and tired right now.

caffine bothers lots of babies.
    take a nap with him today, you'll need it.