Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: antidepressants and breastfeeding

Default Re: antidepressants and breastfeeding

Thanks for the story. Sounds like you get it pretty bad too. I was hospitalized after my first because I was going downhill fast and didn't know why. We decided to start on the Zoloft before the birth to make sure it is working when the baby is born. Sometimes you feel so alone and that you are the only one going through this horrible ordeal, it is comforting to know there are others (even though I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go through that kind of PPD). Good luck with your family.
    Lorayne

Default Re: antidepressants and breastfeeding

Hi Lorayne... Sorry that I wasn't able to respond sooner- my 4 year old broke her big toe on Thursday evening and it's been a whirlwind here ever since!!
    Glad to hear that you are getting started on medication early, to get it in your system. I will be thinking about you, so please keep me posted on your progress!!
    About my little pictures, my oldest slept with us for the longest time! My middle daughter never was interested in it... she's a great sleeper, both at night and for naps. And the baby sleeps with me now (though I'm trying to start putting her in her crib... DH and I are going away for two weeks in October and I'm worried about my mom having to sleep with her while we're gone!!).
    Best of luck to you!! And, again, keep us posted on how you are doing!! You can always drop me an email if you need someone to listen!! I've been there, too!!!