Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extremely engored, what can i do, PLZ help

Default Re: extremely engored, what can i do, PLZ help

MamiKika -- I'm following this thread plus the one you posted on the Infant board. It sounds like the engorgement is getting better, but that now you may have a plugged duct on your left breast (the "hard spot on the left side"). I'm also concerned about your baby's continued difficulty in latching and nursing well.

It's good that you are continuing to keep him fed -- that's the most important part of overcoming any newborn nursing difficulties -- but it is also true that the frequent bottles may be contributing to his latching problems.

From what I'm reading in your posts, I think ALL of these problems have solutions that will allow you to continue nursing. However, with several different issues going on at once, you would probably benefit a great deal from some hands-on help from a LLL Leader or an IBCLC. Do you know how to find breastfeeding help locally? I urge you to call someone and get some in-person, hands-on evaluation and guidance right away.

Let us know how things are going -- we're here to offer encouragement and advice!

--Rebecca

No, i don't know anywhere to find local help. Not sure where to look, never had any type of problems like this. My breasts are doing much better, hardly any pain, but my left nipple still gets too hard for him to latch onto. I will keep trying, becuase i really do wanna breastfeed him. see how it all turns out, i will kepp my progress posted, ty for all the advice and support =0)

(My hubby made a remark, on how i must have gotten lots of advice from this forum, seeing how patient i can be, tho not all the time hehe)

In case my thread on Infant BFing questions was not read, I had great success, details on the other thread