Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Exclusive Pumpers: What's your pumping schedule?

Question Exclusive Pumpers: What's your pumping schedule?

I've been exclusively pumping since my son was a few days old (nursing didn't work for me). I'm wondering if I should start pumping less once I start my son on solids. (He's 5 months now and I plan to start when he's 6 months). I know that BM will still be his main source of nutrition, but I have a LOT of frozen BM!

Here's my pumping schedule now (I'm a WOHM):
    6.00am, 11.00am, 2.30pm, 9.00pm

On the weekends, I've done this schedule before:
    8.00am, 2.00pm, 9.00pm

I'm wondering if I should just do this schedule on the weekdays:
    6.00am, 1.30pm, 9.00pm

I just started going back to work 3 wks ago and am afraid my supply might start to decrease if I change to the 6.00am, 1.30pm, 9.00pm schedule. my company is very pro-working-moms (there is a nice lactation room and there is certainly no problem with me stopping work to pump during the day). I've read that many people have a decrease in supply once they go back to work.

I've been using 2 packs of frozen BM a day to cycle through some of my older stash. I usually freeze about 12-24 oz a day.

If you exclusively pump and your LO is >6months old, what does your pumping schedule look like?

Default Re: Exclusive Pumpers: What's your pumping schedule?

My schedule is 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm, 11pm, 3:30 am. (I get up just to pump). I get 37 ozs per day, what is your production?

Default Re: Exclusive Pumpers: What's your pumping schedule?

I have been pumping exclusively for 8 weeks. I had to take one week off due to a nasty infection but have relactated since.

Here is my schedule: 6AM, 9AM, Noon, 3PM, 6:30PM, 9:30PM and then somewhere between 2-3AM. I pump about 5-6oz per session (was much more before I had to take a break).