Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: air bubbles in lanisoh storage bags!!

Default air bubbles in lanisoh storage bags!!

i keep getting one or two air bubbles despite how hard i try, in the lanisoh storage bags when sealing them. will this cause the milk to go bad? i can't seem to get rid of ALL the air bubbles in the bags... help?!?!

Default Re: air bubbles in lanisoh storage bags!!

I always used my fingers, index and middle, (kinda like this >), and before I sealed the bag would start down by the milk and squeeze all the way up before sealing.

I think it's nearly impossible to get every single bubble out. I've been pumping and storing milk now for about 10 months, I've never had any go bad. I usually have a few bubbles in mine.

I've never heard that air bubbles will cause the milk to go bad. Is this true?

Unless you vaccum seal it, there will always be air in the bag. I don't even want to attempt to find a way to vaccum seal when I have to pump at 3 am. Don't worry about it. I've never had milk go bad from it.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

I kind of scrape the bag against the edge of my desk (at work) or kitchen counter (at home) and push the air out that way. Seems to work better than scissor-finger action for me. Just make sure you hold on tight to that bag so you don't drop it!

My grandma uses a straw to suck the air out of Ziploc bags when storing food. Haven't tried that with breastmilk bags, but it might work!
    Sarah
    mommy to Liam, born 2/15/07
    14 months of breastfeeding and counting!

"The amount of time I spend attached to this machine..." - Officer Danni Sofer on her breast pump, on "The Shield"

Another cloth convert

Nope, I get air bubbles, too. The milk is more resilient than you csn imagine.

Satchmo--I've never seen The Shield, but it's got a breast pumping mama? Wow!!! I don't think I've EVER seen that on T.V.
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

Quote Originally Posted by VAmom View Post
    Nope, I get air bubbles, too. The milk is more resilient than you csn imagine.

Satchmo--I've never seen The Shield, but it's got a breast pumping mama? Wow!!! I don't think I've EVER seen that on T.V.
    They had a pumping mama on The Office for a awhile. I think it was awesome she just pumped at her desk in the open and stared at anyone who looked her way. All the while the familiar humm of the pump was going.

Quote Originally Posted by VAmom View Post
    Yeah, and I could totally relate, hence the sig quote.

Bunnyscootless, I just started watching The Office last season, I will have to go back and look for the breast pump episodes!
    Sarah
    mommy to Liam, born 2/15/07
    14 months of breastfeeding and counting!

"The amount of time I spend attached to this machine..." - Officer Danni Sofer on her breast pump, on "The Shield"

Another cloth convert