Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medala Swing

Lightbulb Medala Swing

I am wanting opinions from anyone that has a Medela Swing. I am only planning to pump to get a few bottles a week so Daddy can feed the LO or get a little more sleep. I already wasted money on an Evenflo pump and I want to do more research this time around. Because I am not planning to go back to work I can't justify buying a $300 pump. Thanks for any advice you can give!

Default Re: Medala Swing

I am going to get this pump... I called a LC and she suggested this over the other pumps (I can't spend 300 on a pump either). I looked at the reviews on Amazon, they looked pretty good!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Medela swing is a good pump.

On the note of dads offering bottles, it's important to note that dads can bond with baby in other ways without having to offer a bottle. Diapering, bathing, rocking...all these things come to mind. I'm sure you can think of many more! Here's a neat little resource:
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/dad.html

I used a Swing. Great pump, but I wish it was a double pumper since I pump almost exclusively. If it's only for occasional use, and you're not in a rush, then it should be fine. I pump on average 3oz in 15min without interfering with hand compressions.

Only one complaint - the tubing comes off VERY so you have to keep the bottle/pump steady.

I used a medela PIS for my second litte one and I must say I was verry happy with it. It is a bit more expensive than the swing. But is is worht every cent!!!!