Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baby rash

Default Re: baby rash

I think it may depend on what the cause of rash is, because I've read and found that breastmilk can irritate baby acne. But I have heard it is fantastic for the skin and you can make soap out of it, etc. So I think for the most part it is great... but just a thought that if it is acne it may not be the best to let it dry on. Or just try it for yourself and see, each baby is different and maybe mine were just overly sensitive. We did have baby acne with both kids. Lasted from week 5-7 with first baby and weeks 3-6 with second.

Also had Roseola with first baby which is common from 9mo. - 1year olds. That rash was kind of weird because it was blotchy, flat but raised red spots that looked like they'd itch like nobody's business, but she seemed to not even notice it. And it was everywhere...down legs too!

I took lo to his appointment and it turns out that his rash is just a heat rash. Thanks to everyone for your advise.

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    It could aslo be a heat rash... When I over dress baby he gets bumps around his neck and face... my 4yr still gets this....It's because they don't sweat much...

To prevent or treat - dress baby in light weight clothes, turn on a gentle breeze fan, and avoid using powders....

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/bab...lls/10881.html
    I agree, possibly a heat rash. My LO has it also. It makes me feel bad.. I keep him dressed as lightly as I can, but I don't want him in only a diaper. He lives in onesies. I can't wait until the weather cools down. My poor baby also sweats :-(, I wish I could make him more comfortable.

i find that desatin works...if it continues tho def check with a doctor.