Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby rash

Unhappy baby rash

My lo has developed this rash on his neck, face, and back. At first I thought it was from the detergents. So I started to wash everything that comes in contact with his skin in baby detergent but the rash is stil there. I've given him baths and it is still there. Could it be caused by his spit up? He spits up after almost every feeding. Has anyone else had this problem?

Default Re: baby rash

Mine got a rash that started on his face, spread to his scalp, behind the ears, shoulders, arms, and stomach... it turned out to be eczema. I learned from these boards that tons of babies get eczema which is caused by an allergy sometimes known, sometimes unknown.... Looks like red pimples all over and can be very irritating. If both parents have allergies the baby has a high chance of developing eczema. Anyways, just something for you to think about if you're still struggling with an unknown rash!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

It could aslo be a heat rash... When I over dress baby he gets bumps around his neck and face... my 4yr still gets this....It's because they don't sweat much...

To prevent or treat - dress baby in light weight clothes, turn on a gentle breeze fan, and avoid using powders....

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/bab...lls/10881.html
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

My daughter go eczema from a young age, using sorbolene cream helped, but then it ended up getting worse and we now use hydrocortisone which was prescribed by the gp (she gets eczema worse when she's teething, and during summer).

My little girl (7 weeks) also has a red rash that looks like little red pimples, primarily on her cheeks, chin, and forehead. The Dr. said he thinks it is baby acne and prescribed pimecrolimus cream, which helps a little. I think it could also be eczema or heat rash, but it has been a problem for three weeks, starting at week 5 past her birth. In the heat it gets worse, and more splotchy. My family does have allergies, so maybe this is a sign of allergic conditions to come down the road. The rash worsens for 10 minutes after nursing...maybe the heat from body contact in the summer.. Good luck!

When should you be concerned about a rash? Lo has had it for over 5 dayson forehead and cheeks, I assumed it was a heat rash, but they usually go away within 3 days, this seems to get worse

help....

Unless your LO has a fever w/ rash its not anything serious! I think I gave mine about 5 days or so then I took him to the pedi. Can you call your pedi and see what they say?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

yeah... I will give it until Sunday and see what happens... His lil forehead looks so bad!!!

Pazygozo is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

In addition to checking with your dr., you may be able to help the rash go away by applying breastmilk to it! My dr. told me to just squirt DS with the milk while we were nursing and to let it dry on his skin. It helps! BM is also great for eye infections.

(note: he didn't have eczema, so his rash wasn't that severe.)