Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what do I do with this baby???

Red face what do I do with this baby???

I am new to the forum - HELLO EVERYONE
    I hope it's OK to post non-breastfeeding questions.
    If not, please let me know.

Just curious...what do other moms do with their 2 1/2 month old babies?

FYI - Before my lo came along 9 1/2 weeks ago my baby experience was nonexistent. I've had to buy books or go online to look up baby songs or age appropriate games.

Default Re: what do I do with this baby???

You can post all kinds of questions, dont worry about it!

Do you have a floor gym?? swing?
    I kind of had a routine when my LO got a little older. He would hang out in his bouncer seat with the toys that attach to it. He would get some tummy time , then maybe play on the floor on his gym. We would go for walks, I would put him in his little carrier that I had and he seemed to like that for a while, so I could do some laundry or something while he was in his carrier on my chest.
    Those are just a few suggestions. its hard to remember when my son was 2 months, and that was only a little over 4 months ago mommy brain strikes again!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

When mine was that age I tried playing with her toys for her (since she couldn't). For example, she has a soft red block that has a bell in it. I'd start high above her head and shake it so it jingled as I brought it down to her face and touched her forehead with it. She really liked that game. She eventually started reaching for the block and trying to grab it as it got closer.

Hmmm, she really liked getting outside, too. We went for lots of short walks with the sling or jsut holding her. This was great for getting her to sleep.

Just talking to them is good, too. They will focus on your mouth and watch you talk. Even if they don't understand they are absorbing the speech patterns and of course mommy's voice is very familiar and soothing to them.

I found this site. If you scroll down a little ways, there are some activities you can do with your baby.
    http://babiestoday.com/resources/art...activities.htm
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Welcome!

My LO is 10 weeks old, it is sometimes a challenge to keep him entertained. I wear him a lot! Check out the babywearing forum on here. If you're not familiar with babywearing.... it is a life saver!

As far as what we do..... I make sure he has tummy time everyday. My LO is really interested in mobiles now. I read him books and just talk to him a lot in general. He also has a baby gym that he has started to enjoy. The boucy seat and swing are sometimes helpful. We get out for walks when I can and he loves to go for car rides. I try to get out of the house at least every other day. He seems to be less fussy when we are out and about.

Are you familiar with "The Happiest Baby on the Block"? The DVD and book have great suggestions for soothing baby and getting more sleep.

I hope this is what you were looking for.
    Melissa, mom to my very busy 4-year-old little man and super busy 2-year-old princess.

Our library has a program for 0-24 months. It gave me something to do and I learned a lot of songs/fingerplays. We also went to playgroup. A sling is a great way to introduce your lo to whatever you are doing at eye level like shopping, going to meetings (like LLL), or folding laundry. We also did a "bath" everyday on the changing table with a wet washcloth.

Oh yeah, I think around 2.5 to 3 months is when we started putting Nora in her exersaucer and she really loved it. She had really good head/neck control by that time, though or else we wouldn't have done it quite so early.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

My baby is 2 months old and we don't necessarily follow a schedule yet, but there are specific things we do every day!

Babywearing- he's in the ring sling or mei tei every day for a few hours and I get chores/reading/internet stuff done

Activitiy Time- I have a laundry basket of toys such as colored blocks, stuffed animals, board books, etc. and pretty much I play with the toys/read books and Logan watches. I either prop him up in the bed with a pillow or lay him down on the floor. We do this several times a day, sometimes for just a few minutes and sometimes longer depending on what he wants.

Swing/Bouncy- Swing is for naps and Bouncy seat is for when I'm taking a long shower. He likes to listen to the water in the shower and also the sound of the blow dryer.

Naps- We take a nap together every day in the bed for about 45 minutes

Walks- Each morning we take about a 30 minute walk in the stroller

Breastfeeding- Well ya know we still do that tons!

Music- We have comcast on demand which has like 10+ music channels. Some days if I have the energy we dance a lot and listen to 90's music, other days we have light classical on in the house.

Outings- When his daddy is home we just do normal things, lunches and dinners out, runs to target, grocery shopping, etc. and as long as its during the day or early evening DS will go along for the fun. I always bring my ring sling so when he's burned out of the stroller I just wear him.

Bath- bathtime is done by daddy every night but if he's having a super fussy day we take a bath together and cuddle

And as most other pp's mentioned I talk to him a lot, esp. when he's awake and I'm wearing him... today I told him all the colors of the shirts I was washing and hanging up in the closet. He loved it ... and eventually fell asleep!!

That's it for the most part, and yes some days I feel like wellll what the heck am I supposed to do with him now!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09