Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: While I'm pregnant...

Question While I'm pregnant...

...are there any recommendations to prepare my body for breastfeeding? That sounds silly, but I just wondered if there were any tips from other moms. I don't have any female relatives, and my friends seem to be all about formula!

My husband is super-supportive, but this is our first baby, so we are equally clueless!

Default Re: While I'm pregnant...

Knowledge!! Read as much as you can about BF, the more informed you're the easier is to get through hard times. Support!! And you seem to have the most important one, your husband, him too need to gain as much knowledge as he can. This Forum is full of people ready to help and support you when you need it, also try to contact LLL before you have the BB, that would help a lot. Other than that, all you can do is wait. Ah!, check for flat or inverted nipples. Buy a nursing bra with room for your breast when they get full, (don't buy too many, one or two are good until you have the BB and then you'll make sure you get the right size), pads (again, don't buy too many, you one to try some first to see which one you like best), and a tube of lansinoh cream. And if you're going back to work start getting informed on the types of pumps available, so you can get the right one for you.
    Congratulations!! When are you having the BB?

Default Re: While I'm pregnant...

Due end of September! I work in my family's livestock business, and am not even sure I can take the time off to HAVE the baby. Looking into Office Birth as an alternative to Home Birth. (just kidding. or can they do that?) Luckily, I have a nice empty office in the building that I'm planning on making a secondary nursery (with a bed for momma naps). I shouldn't "have" to pump, but will have to research it anyway - it sounds terrible! My DH is in the same industry but self employed and can do his work from my office if need be.

I'm just a super-organized Virgo, and like to have all of my information ready, all of the bases covered. I'd hate to hear after delivery "oh, it would have been much easier to bf if you had ____________ while you were pregnant"!

Thanks all...

Smile Re: While I'm pregnant...

I am so happy that someone else feels like I do ... as little overwhlemed. I am due in 2 weeks and am worreid that I have not covered all my bases. I am highly organised as well. I hope all goes well. I am also afraid of the ....well you should have done this before.