Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teeth Issues?

Default Teeth Issues?

Woohooo! My first post in the Extended Forum . Well, dd is only almost 10 months, so we're technically not extended bfing but I thought you ladies may have faced a similar problem:

My dd rests her top teeth on my nipple while she nurses. This has only been the last couple of weeks or so and I don't know what's changed - she had the same teeth before. Anyway, it is really irritating to my nipple and I'm getting little sores on the tops of them. Is this a latch problem? Is she just getting lazy? Most importantly: how can I fix it?
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Teeth Issues?

Here's a good link. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-bab....html#scraping I have found that making DS open wide and positioning him well helps. I make sure he is well supported. I have noticed it a lot more since AF returned and I have very sore nipples mid-cycle.

Wow, thanks. I'll definitely try repositioning her. I think that's exactly what the problem is. I do the cradle hold, but she kinda slumps into it, esp when she's sleepy.

And I'd never heard that about the menstrual cycle that could be contributing too. Mine came back a couple of months ago and I'm mid-cycle now.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

What the pp said. I make it a game. Open wide, she shows me her teeth, I tell her not to bite momma then she goes to town!!