Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baby "growls" or snores with eyes open, especially after feeding?

Default Re: baby "growls" or snores with eyes open, especially after feeding?

I asked my ped. about that and he said its because the nasal cavity is not quite mature yet, and to try saline drops or a humidifier. I haven't tried them because it really doesn't happen that frequently. I was concerned though because it sounds like she is congested. Glad to know it is normal and goes away with time.

to everyone who responded to this question that have babies who do this - is the sound very "mucus" like? it sounds like mucus is "stuck" in his chest. but he is not sick.

but from what i can tell, this "mucus" is still normal?!?!

my 5-week-old boy is also a grunter, growler, snorter, snorer---and he usually falls asleep with his eyes open.
    i was worried about it in the beginning. i remember thinking that he must be uncomfortable and/or trying to get something sorted out in his tummy, but i've realized that he just grunts-- a lot, mostly in his sleep.

i forgot to comment on the mucus bit. when he was younger (2-4) weeks, i noticed a similar mucus sound a lot. it sounded like his chest was full of something and i would sit with him, burping him for what seemed like an hour. i asked the midwives about it and they said that sound is normal, that his 'system' is still developing and it will often sound like he has something stuck in there. he's now 5 weeks and that sound has diminished quite a lot.