Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work At Home Opportunities?

Default Work At Home Opportunities?

I live in San Diego and sadly, have to return to work in a month. I am miserable about the idea although I've always known there was no other option. I just didn't realize how hard it would be once it got closer. Are there any other San Diego, CA mom's that either work from home or know of work from home opportunities that you could share?? I'd really LOVE to not have to return to work. PLEASE HELP!!!

Default Re: Work At Home Opportunities?

Try selling Avon products. I used to do it when I lived in SD apart from working, I couldn't stop working since I was on the military, but it help me to save money for once I got out, so I could stay home with my kids. I moved to Va recently so I might start selling again once I get to know people. You won't make a lot of money at first, but once you start getting more clients your earnings will increase. Just something to think about .

My neighbor has started working for The Body Shop--they have an at-home wing now:
    http://www.thebodyshopathome.com

Thanks ladies! I am looking for something more corporate though. I guess I should have specified. I don't know if it's even possible but I thought I'd put it out there and have some hope!

Anything is possible!! It just take a lot of will power and knowledge. Hopefully you get a few good answers that I can learn from.

Some companies have started home sourcing for customer support instead of sending the calls to call centers in other countries. My local news did a story about it a few weeks ago. They said they average pay was $9/hr and all you needed was high-speed internet or DSL connection and a free phone line and you could set your own hours. I can't remember all of the companies they showed were doing that but I remember they said the IRS was hiring a bunch of work at home people for all hours. Maybe it is something you could look into.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

Awesome! Thanks! I'll look into it and see what happens!

in home day care?
    You can set your own hours and such. I don't know about the rules in ca...
    you'd have to call human services..
    have you realy figured out how much money you would need to make?
    Sometimes it ends up costing more to work then to stay at home when you figure in all the extras, extra eating out cause your to tired to cook, plus day care for your kids and the stress on your relationship.

www.wahmfest.org

they have opportunities listed, all over the nation.

i have my own daycare, and it's awesome. my own hours, tons of tax deductions, playdates all the time.