Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do....

Default What do you do....

if baby is awake during a feeding? Do you sing, talk, or rub him/her? Just curious!!!!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Default Re: What do you do....

Well, it just depends sometimes I talk to him, sometimes I stroke his eyebrows and face, sometimes I watch tv, read a book, talk on the phone, sing to him, change laundry over, hold my dd, etc etc etc. But my favorite is stroking his brow and face. He loves it!

the first few weeks I'd just sit and stroke her face, rub her head gently, or pat her bottom. Now that she's older and actually looks at me, I try to maintain eye contact and talk to her, sing to her. If she's not interested in hearing what I have to say I'll just watch TV or I go back to rubbing her head,or patting her bottom. Sometimes she and I just lay there staring at each other. Usually when this happens she ends up laughing at me. Almost like we were having a staring contest and she lost.

Its so cute when I see the little corners of her mouth rise right before she lets out a little giggle. I end up calling her a silly baby and unlatching her to play.

Originally I messed with her to get her to stay awake the whole time. The several months after that are a blur. Now I hold really still, stay really quiet, and hope I don't do anything that distracts my finicky eater!

I usually just look at DS. Sometimes I'll stroke his face or pat his bottom. Most of the time if I do to much he gets distracted and stops eating then we're in the same situation 30 mins later.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

So I am not "strange". I sometimes just stare.... I can't believe it's real sometimes
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I usually play with her hair, talk to her, and just take in her cuteness!

I rub her head, her arms, her legs, let her curl her toes around my finger. Sometimes I spend the whole time trying to keep a blanket positioned so she can't see over my shoulder, because she loves to play Twist the Nipple in order to look at the colorful quilt on the back of our couch. Other times I will watch TV or read a book or type one-handed on the computer. Just depends on both of our moods.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

when aliyahs nursing and shes awake she just stares at me constantly i caress her alot i mean alot....her cheeks, hair,legs arms...i also talk to her alot and give lots of kisses......if she falls alseep i try not to bother her...

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    So I am not "strange". I sometimes just stare.... I can't believe it's real sometimes
    no way! I'm sure most if not all will just sit and stare at the cuteness!

it gets fun when they stare you down back

Abby always loses cause shes the first to crack a smile! hehe!