Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do....

Default Re: What do you do....

i love when we stare...i do that to!!!! like pp sometimes i cant believe shes mine...i wasnt suppose to have any (according to some quack) but ive had 3

isn't it amazing how babies can hold eye contact? try to keep eyes locked with a grown up for as long as you can with your LO...it is really hard to do without feeling uncomfrotable before too long.

I try to just take it all in and focus on DS as I know that this whole experience will be over before I know it and I will be packing him up and sending him off to college and

If Logan is really relaxed I like to rub his head and arms, but sometimes that just distracts him so other times I'm just relaxing/dozing as he feeds.

He just started doing the eye contact thing last week but I have to be careful with it. If I even crack the slightest smile he starts laughing and cooing and forgetting that we were BF'ing.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

I sing, chat with her, or caress any body part I can reach.
    However, my lo is 9 1/2 weeks and she still doesn't look at me when she's nursing.
    Does everyone's babies look at them?

I love staring into her eyes. I talk to her and tell her how pretty she is and how much I love her or I sing or hum all the songs I remember my mom and grandma singing to me. I only stroke her if I'm trying to get her to sleep cause that does it every time (along her eybrows and down her nose .

She doesn't always look at me. If she's not paying attention to me I leave her alone and read or watch tv.

That is all assuming she's not doing her acrobatic routine and trying to stand, sit, or do flips without letting go of my nipple!

I remember looking at the posters of nursing babies in my midwife's office while I was pregnant and I couldn't wait to have my baby looking at me like that. Now she does!

Meg: what does your baby look at while she nurses or does she keep her eyes closed? My lo did this for a long time- just dozed while nursing.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Unhappy Re: What do you do....

Her eyes are not closed.
    She just looks to the left of me if she is on the left side or to the right when on the right side.
    Am I explaining myself well enough?