Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: new here and need help

Default new here and need help

How can you properly heat up bm? I know that you can't use the microwave but can you use a bottle warmer? I just want to know the quickest and safest way to heat up his bottle.

Default Re: new here and need help

This link may give you the info you need
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks

I use a bottle warmer but always use less H2O than the unit recommends & dont keep it on as long. gets too warm too fast. we were using a pan of warm H2O...took too long to warm H2O in a pan. Can also use a crockpot w/H2O on low. just change the H2O daily.

I'd half fill a 2 cup measuring cup with water and microwave for a minute and a half. I'd run my bag of milk under warm (but not too hot) running tap water while the other stuff was warming. Once it was thawed, I'd put into bottle, then set the bottle in the HOT water that just came out of the microwave.

My dd liked the milk a little on the cooler side, though. I would check the temp by squirting on my wrist and if it felt neither hot nor warm, that's when it was supposed to be warm enough..but that was too warm for her. It needed to feel slightly cool on my wrist.

HTH.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.