Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Beef Hot Dogs

Question Beef Hot Dogs

My dd turned 1 on Monday. We went to the ped today and she said we could give table foods to our dd. Whatever we ate we could give some to her. We are planning on having a bbq tonight. Can I give my dd small cut up pieces of Kosher Beef grilled hot dog? Thanks in advance!!

Default Re: Beef Hot Dogs

Hot dogs are a concern for several reasons including nitrates, sodium levels and the potentail choking hazard. There are several companies that make organic nitrate free hot dogs with lower sodium . My DD ( 4 yrs) eats the Applegate farms chicken dogs.

Btw Happy Birthday to your LO. MY DS is one day older! July was a very popular month here at LLL forums
    Last edited by BrooklynMama; July 25th, 2007 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Belated B-Day wishes

Mama to DD Mariah 04/03 2lbs 8oz BF 2yrs 1 day!
    DS Ryan 07/06 4lbs 15 oz No solids until 18 mo's!
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi

id becareful to but if its just once in a while i think u will be ok....i use to give the kids hotdogs all the time being that it is one of there favorites and the weight was comming on them quick so we dont do that anymore they havent had one for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMama View Post
    Hot dogs are a concern for several reasons including nitrates, sodium levels and the potentail choking hazard. There are several companies that make organic nitrate free hot dogs with lower sodium .
    This is exactly what we do on the rare occasion that we make hot dogs!

I give them to dd, very occasionally. I wouldnt do it all the time for sure.