Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sore on roof of mouth

Default sore on roof of mouth

This morning during a crying session I noticed a small area on the roof of her mouth. It sort of looks like a cancor sore, about one centimeter in length. I pointed it out to her doc at her check-up and he wasn't sure what it was. He told me to get back with him in a few days for an update. It seems as though it is a surface thing- no opening in the palate or anything. I am surprised I did not notice it before. Frankly I think it is a new thing because I had been noticing the yellow coloring of the gums etc... so I know I have been looking often. Doc says not thrush or yeast...

Any ideas?

Default Re: sore on roof of mouth

doctor might not know if its thrush
    ARe you having any pain? Is the baby pulling off or nursing weird?

Hmmm...that sounds unusual. Does your baby use any artificial nipples (bottle/pacifier)? Anything you could think of that might rub his palate?

I think it could possibly be my older daughter's fingernail scraping the roof. Sometimes we use our pinkies as a pacifier and my dd isn;t the best at keeping her nails cut short....the likely culprit (I hope).

Other than that- nothing comes to mind.

when did u notice it? does it look any different over time? bigger, smaller, more red, anything like that? how olds is ur older LO? how old is ur little one would u know if she was scratched?