Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: This confuses me....

Default This confuses me....

As always, I keep on worrying that my baby is not getting enough breastmilk. He does urinate but whenever i search on the amount of wet diapers he should have, it seems that the amount is always different. Sometimes I read that he should have 6 soaked (disposable)nappies - (I think on Dr Newman's site it was written that a soaked nappy should weigh about 250g which is AALLLOTT,somewhere i read that a soaked nappy should be like pouring 2-4 tablespoons water in a clean nappy - this is more reasonable. LLLJolie can you please enlighten me? TIA
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Default Re: This confuses me....

A very wet diaper is considered 3 Tbs in a dry diaper. You're looking for 5-6 disposable wets or 6-8 cloth wets. The difference is because disposables nowadays contain a gel that really makes it difficult to tell the diaper is wet until it is really, really wet.

HTH!

Here's a handy resource:
    http://www.llli.org/FAQ/enough.html

Thanks Jolie. That makes more sense to me. 3 tbsp are ok compared to 250g weight of pee that i read a diaper should have.
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

I agree with jo, but I also think that you should weigh in, awake times etc, even for the fist few weeks, I feel that mothers insincts are far more reliable then we know, I have always felt when something just isn't right, and my mothering instint let me know at that point, we all have it, you just got to have confidence in yourself, by all means check with your dr if it makes you feel better, but if something is bugging you don't let it go!