Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Trouble with Letdown on one side when pumping....

Default Trouble with Letdown on one side when pumping....

I've tried looking at pictures of baby, etc. It seems to be only when I'm pumping. The right side always lets down pretty quick - within 1 minute or so. The left side takes almost 5 min sometimes. Any suggestions? I just got 4 oz - it took almost 15 minutes and I'm still full!

Thanks,
    Nancy

Wink Re: Trouble with Letdown on one side when pumping....

Do you have different speeds or suction powers on your pump? My right side likes it slow and strong and the left likes it faster and less suction power. I pump both on the left side setting and then when the left it done I disconnect it and change the settings for the right to continue pumping. It takes longer but it the only thing that works.
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: Trouble with Letdown on one side when pumping....

Thanks. This afternoon I just pumped both together and that seemed to work a little better. My LD is just taking more time with the pump these days.

Nancy

Default Re: Trouble with Letdown on one side when pumping....

Any other suggestions out there? I feel like my surroundings at work aren't any different from the days when I letdown more easily.

Thanks,