Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Avocado

Default Avocado

Is it fruit or vegetable? Can i give to my 5 month old and how do you serve it?
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Default Re: Avocado

I think it's a vegetable but I'm not 100% sure. I gave it to my dd when she was 6mos. It's one of the healthiest first foods. It has lots of "good" fats. I just cut it open and took out the seed peeled it and smashed it with a fork or put it in the blender. She loved them. As she got bigger I would dice them up for her and she could practice those fine motor skills. Avocados were one of my dd's favorite first foods.

Cathy
    Wife for 11 yrs and counting
    Mom to ds (12/96) bf 11mos
    dd (9/98) bf 6mos
    dd (11/05) bf 27mos and counting!

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?t...odspice&dbid=5

heres more info then you wanted to know.

from that link
    Avocados are the fruit from the Persea Americana, a tall evergreen tree that can grow up to 65 feet in height

So it's a fruit. I always remember someone telling me that all things that contain seeds are considered fruits.
    My name is Rosie and I'm a mother to 3 girls and 2 boys

My girls:Janessa 10.30.93, Reanna 03.25.99 and Mylee 09.20.06
    My sons, Isaiah 07.16.97 and Shawn 09.12.08

Thanks everyone. Andrea you always seem to find a good link for everything. U r awesome . thanks
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

I always remember someone telling me that all things that contain seeds are considered fruits
    But cucumbers and squashes have seeds...

avocado is sucha great food!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.