Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A night out (of town)...and no pumping??

Default A night out (of town)...and no pumping??

I have plans to go out of town to a concert next week (hour and half drive)and so I will be gone from about 530pm until maybe midnight. Does anyone think I could go that long before pumping? I will miss 2 feedings during that time.
    What does one do when they want to go do something that lasts several hours? I'd rather not pump on the way home since we will have friends with us in the car. That might be very uncomfortable for everyone. Though it seems like that may be my only option.
    Anyone been in this situation?

Default Re: A night out (of town)...and no pumping??

you might be pretty missrable missing two feeds.
    I don't know about you but if I even thought of the baby I would have a letdown and it would be all over! I'd soak my shirt.

You'd be asking for soaked clothes and plugged ducts.

Could you use a manual pump and pump in the bathroom? If not, then hand express? If you can only express just enough for comfort, it would be better than nothing and would greatly reduce your chance of developing plugged ducts or having an embarrassing moment.

Have fun at the concert!

Yes, I too would be dying...I would figure out something to do...Your going to be hurting...
    Mommy to Chance Lane 1/18/07
    I love my miracle baby so much! Be the best that you can be to your angels no matter how selfless you have to be!