Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping at School & Worried about it!

Default Pumping at School & Worried about it!

I'm starting back to work (I teach) in one week and I am so worried about being able to pump enough during the day...would this schedule work? ?My son is 3 months old:

6am-nurse
    7am-pump
    12pm-pump
    4:00- nurse

Or is that too big of a time span from 7 to 12? If that's the best I can do, will it make my supply go down? I am so worried about it!

Default Re: Pumping at School & Worried about it!

you have to take it day by day and see what works for you.
    Don't be suprized if you baby wants to sleep alot during the day and then wants to nurse alot at night.
    Sometimes they do this when mom returns to work.
    anyway your dcp could bring the baby in at lunch?

I am going back to school in October and anxious about where to pump (in a school that is being remodled so space is nonexistant.) I think you just pump whenever you can. That's the best you can do right? Hope everything goes well for you!

I saw your post here last week, but someone had already answered. Didn't want you to miss it: http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=27879

Wow your lucky to be able to nurse at 4...I have to pump at 6,7:30 when I get to school,10,12,4:15, then nurse when I get home...I have just enough to feed him for the next day...good luck!
    Mommy to Chance Lane 1/18/07
    I love my miracle baby so much! Be the best that you can be to your angels no matter how selfless you have to be!

Thanks for the replies! (I did miss that someone answered my last one, I lost it after a while. :-))

I guess I am lucky to be able to get home by 4 to nurse him. That'll be 4 days a week hopefully. One day each week I won't be getting home until after 9 because of a master's class. That stinks.

Sounds like I'll be asking my new boss for a quick morning break.

Thanks!