Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: feeding on one side-what do you do??

Default feeding on one side-what do you do??

Lately my dd is feeding on 1 side for about 5 min. then going for about 3 hours before eating again.

What do you do with your other breast?? Yesterday my right boob didn't get sucked for like 6 hours-I thought
    I would burst- I had to pump to relieve myself!

What do you do?

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: feeding on one side-what do you do??

Pump Just A Little On The Other Side To Relieve The Pressure Due To Engorgement. Over The Next Day Or So, Your Body Will Adjust.

My 9 wk old daughter usually only nurses on one side as well and just for 5 or 6 minutes. How is this enough time? Is she getting to the hindmilk?

My LO only feeds on one side at a time. She usually nurses for 5 to 10 minutes, on one side, and I offer the other side at the next feeding. My breasts are used to it now. When she first started it, my body took a couple of days to adjust. But it DOES happen, so hang in there!

oh and she's 10 weeks old and already DOUBLED her birth weight, plenty of pees and poops, always the normal color...shes doing great!

Thanks!!

I'll try to get through this! It's not every time that she only takes 1 side so my body will just be crazy for a little while I guess.

As for the 5 min. feedings- I get lots of pees and poops, but they are not always the normal color- I'm getting green the last few days- ugh!