And here we are! I am THRILLED to be joining the "beyond one" section of the forums!!
It's so wonderful to realize that my son Sam is thriving and growing into a wonderful little boy fed almost completely by food created by my body. Six months of exclusively breastfeeding, at which point we started exploring solids using a baby led approach. After a year I am still amazed that my body is capable of creating this perfect food!!!
I am very grateful for the BF support I have received from:
- my DH who was there for me and DS every step of the way and never questioned that we'd make it to at least a year,
- my mom and MIL who BF their children when it just wasn't done and stubbornly persevered despite considerable opposition,
- our families & friends & communities,
- all the nurses at the hospital who wanted to help us make BF a success so were there to help from the very beginning and respected our wishes about pacifiers and rooming in,
- a wonderful pro-BF pediatrician, and of course
all of you wonderful mammas here who have been a source of inspiration, laughs, and help through the tough times!
I'm looking forward with excitement to the adventures of BF an almost toddler (and desperately eager to pump wean at work).
Lynn (and Sam - 1 year old today!)