Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got a ONE year old!

Default I've got a ONE year old!

And here we are! I am THRILLED to be joining the "beyond one" section of the forums!!

It's so wonderful to realize that my son Sam is thriving and growing into a wonderful little boy fed almost completely by food created by my body. Six months of exclusively breastfeeding, at which point we started exploring solids using a baby led approach. After a year I am still amazed that my body is capable of creating this perfect food!!!

I am very grateful for the BF support I have received from:
    - my DH who was there for me and DS every step of the way and never questioned that we'd make it to at least a year,
    - my mom and MIL who BF their children when it just wasn't done and stubbornly persevered despite considerable opposition,
    - our families & friends & communities,
    - all the nurses at the hospital who wanted to help us make BF a success so were there to help from the very beginning and respected our wishes about pacifiers and rooming in,
    - a wonderful pro-BF pediatrician, and of course

all of you wonderful mammas here who have been a source of inspiration, laughs, and help through the tough times!

I'm looking forward with excitement to the adventures of BF an almost toddler (and desperately eager to pump wean at work).

Lynn (and Sam - 1 year old today!)
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Default Re: I've got a ONE year old!

Sam!! Happy Birthday!!!!

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!
    Wow! What wonderful support you have had! There are some threads on pump weaning floating around here somewhere, and on the weaning board.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by mollyb View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!
    Wow! What wonderful support you have had! There are some threads on pump weaning floating around here somewhere, and on the weaning board.
    Thanks! After reading many of the stories here I realize that I have been extremely fortunate to have been surrounded by unconditional support from all my medical team and family and friends.

Oh! And I forgot to thank my boss who BF her children (who are now teenagers) and has not only been supportive of my pumping at work but covered for me so I didn't have to take a work trip when my DS was still pretty young. I used to travel a lot for work (including several work trips while pg) and since DS was born have only traveled once ... and DH and DS came along.

It will be interesting to see how much of that support is still there now that DS is "beyond one"

Molly - thanks - I've been reading the pump weaning threads but am chicken to start because my DS is extremely tiny and my gut feeling is that he needs the calories from EBM as long as I can tolerate continuing to pump. I have a small frozen stash but that would go pretty quickly. This is definitely a major topic for discussion with our pedi at DS one year checkup later this week.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Congrats and happy birthday Sam
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

Congratulations! OMG--I can't believe it! I am anxious to hear back after your 1 year well-baby too!

As for the pump weaning...he will still get a lot of milk from you, if you are so inclined. I wouldn't have weaned for a while longer but my milk was so low--so we quit at 14 months. Even pregnant I had milk for another few months for her nursing sessions. Its a hard thing, and I am anxious for my milk to pick back up!

Happy Birthday Sam!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

CONGRATULATIONS Lynn and Sam! You survived one year! May you be blessed with much happiness and fun in the future years to come

Congrats!!! Happy Birthday!

In my experience when I pump weaned Em made up for it. She chowed down as soon as I got home from work and all day on the weekends. We also picked up another night feeding somewhere for a few months. Butit was worth it, to pack up that pump, all clean and dry... man, it felt good.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Happy Birthday Sam!! Congrats on all the love and support you've had!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Congratulations!!

My DD turned 1 at the end of June and I have slowly started pump weaning (my supply is slowly decreasing too). Instead of pumping 3 times per day I am down to 2. Hopefully I will gradually reduce down to 1. I'm just tired of pumping! (KWIM!)