Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: We made it!

Talking We made it!

Yay, we made it to one year, and we're still going strong! Just last night after his birthday "party" (smearing cake all over his face) I nursed DS to sleep and then I reached down to break his latch and IN HIS SLEEP he grabbed my hand and flung it away as hard as he could. So I guess there's no end in sight, yay!

Funny story: I told my DH that I wanted some major kudos for nursing to one year, and he kind of shrugged. I was like, "uh! I need to feel appreciated, it wasn't easy and it is kind of a big deal!" He was like, "I know! It's just that I knew you would do what was best for him no matter what, so it just seems really normal that you're still nursing at a year." It was kind of sweet, actually, how he just took it so completely for granted
    Erin - Hayden James is my beautiful boy - we've been nursing happily for two years, with no end in sight!

Change the language, change the reality.

Default Re: We made it!

Awesome!!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Yeah momma!!! Congrats

Congratulations!!! I can totally relate to the sleeping toddler slapping away my hand when I try to unlatch her!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on